Math games help increase
fact fluency in a fun way!
What You Need:
- Deck of playing cards
- 2 dice
- 1 place marker per player, such as beans, coins, plastic army men, etc.
- Build a spiral game board with all 52 cards, face up. Start in the center and work your way out.
- Players each select a place marker and place it in the center of the spiral on the very first card. This is the starting point.
- Each player takes a turn rolling the dice. They must add the dice together and then multiply the total times the value of the card they are on. If they are correct, they may move ahead the number on the dice. If incorrect, they may not move.
For example: Player is on a 6 card and rolls a 3 and 4 on the dice. They add 3+4=7 then multiply 7 x 6. If they say the correct answer they move 7 spaces forward.
Face cards have the following values: ace = 1, jack = 11, queen = 12, king = 12.
- If a player lands on the same card as another player, they may send the other player back to start.
- The first player to make it past the last card wins.